8-3-15 HH and Rita Snider LSCSW, Veteran Justice Outreach Coordinator at Robert J Dole VA Medical Center reviewed details about Hutch providing VPCSC information at the upcoming Mental Health Summit being hosted by the VA in September.
HH met with Jeremy regarding VPCSC website.
8-4-15 James Gibson, Team Leader from the Vet Center, scheduled and held a meeting for HH and PG to meet with Clarence E. Slaughter Jr., LICSW Regional Manager Central Region of Vet Centers, to let him know about the partnerships being fostered by the Vet Center in the community and through the VPCSC and to learn about the Vet-to-Vet Compeer Support Program.
HH & PG co-facilitated the Life Skills Self-help support group at Project Independence.
8-5-15 HH attended Volunteer Managers’ Meeting at United Way.
8-6-15 PG & HH met with new Vet-to-Vet volunteer and scheduled match meeting for 8-11-15.
HH met with Dean N. Rhein, Privacy/FOIA Officer, Robert J. Dole VA in line with VA Policies and Procedures.
- Met with a veteran in Building 5A to assist with workman’s compensation benefits.
- Met with Nicole R. Loeffler, Human Resources Specialist, Workman’s Compensation/Employee Benefits.
- Met with David Kennedy, VFW State Assistant Service Officer, Dept. of Kansas.
- Met with David Koopmans, The American Legion Veterans’ Affairs Representative.
- Gathered a general consensus on having Mr. Francisco Vazquez, M.B.A., Medical Center Director of the Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center as a guest speaker at our next VPCSC meeting.
8-8-15 PG spoke to Amy Paden, Founder and President of Hearts of America, Inc. based in Salina, KS regarding her request of HH for the VPCSC to host an information table at a fundraiser “Ride for a Hero” event at Alef’s on Saturday, October 3, setting up between 8 – 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Information will be posted on VPCSC calendar and FB along with an email encouraging veteran providers to contact Amy if they are interested in participating with an information table. Rain or shine…if rain, we will set up at American Legion Post #4 to greet riders as they finish.
8-10-15 PG & HH: Vet-to-Vet Compeer new match meeting – female veterans.
8-11-15 PG & HH: Vet-to-Vet Compeer new match meeting.
HH & PG – Attended meeting at United Methodist Open Door hosted by VA to offer supportive services to homeless veterans.
PG & HH – C0-facilitated Life Skills Group at Project Independence.
8-12-15 HH & PG prepared VPCSC and Vet-to-Vet Compeer Support Program materials for a display/information table at Saturday’s “Honor a Hero” special event for veterans at Midwest Kia to promote available services for veterans and their families.
HH & PG prepared VPCSC and Vet-to-Vet Compeer Support Program materials for their bi-monthly debriefing at McConnell AFB to TAPS class members of airmen preparing to separate from the military.
8 – 13- 15 HH secured Jason Deselms, PhD., Suicide Prevention Coordinator, Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center as our next guest speaker at our August 28 VPCSC meeting.
8-14-15 HH attended Suicide Prevention Coalition meeting at COMCARE.
HH developed a tri-fold display board for the VPCSC to use at Midwest Kia and future events.
8-15-15 (Sat.) HH hosted a VPCSC and Vet-to-Vet Compeer Support Program information booth/table for over 6 hours at Midwest Kia, advocating for veterans.
8-17-15 HH & PG debriefed 28 airmen participating in the TAPS class at McConnell AFB who are preparing to separate from the military, informing them of veteran resources.
HH: Weekly: Every Tuesday from 9 a.m. – Noon: At United Methodist Open Door, available to visit with and assist homeless veterans.
HH: Bi-monthly: VPCSC debriefing at TAP – McConnell Military & Family Readiness Center.
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) meeting
- Community Crisis Center (CCC) meeting
- Continuum of Care (COC) meeting
- Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Compeer Advisory Board meeting / activities / special events
- United Way Volunteer Managers’ meeting
- Project Independence Board meeting